Monday, October 13, 2008

Bonkers!

I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur of the English language, so I am always on the lookout for new words that I can incorporate into my vocabulary. Today I identified one such word and I am excited to significantly increase my usage. The word is "bonkers." Here are the reasons why I think this is a fantastic word:

1. It is common enough that people know it but used rarely enough to not be cliche.
2. It is funny but also emphatic.
3. It can substitute for several words unbecoming to a lady.
4. It has a mildly adolescent quality to it.
5. I feel it has the potential for it's definition to be expanded based on usage.

I think "bonkers" might become the new "bananas" and I'm hoping to be part of the trend. Feel free to join in.

4 comments:

Cindi B. said...

I love the new pics on the blog!

Anonymous said...

I don't buy it

kelsey said...

How about: "My baby is driving me bonkers?"

Who We Are... said...

wasn't bonkers a game? LOL