Monday, March 23, 2009

Top o' the mornin to ya!

Last Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day and as usual, my celebrations centered around food (yes, I see the connection to my previous post, just let it go). That morning when Paul woke up I told him there was a surprise for him in the kitchen. He walked out and saw the bagels I got from the bakery and happily made one for breakfast (he likes bagels but we never seem to have them around). Later that day I asked him what he thought of the green bagels for St. Patrick's Day and his answer seemed a little off. I finally realized that he hadn't been sure if they were even green! (He's colorblind.) He said they "looked like that shade of color" and based on the label (which referenced St. Patrick's Day) he had thought they might be. I just had to laugh!!

For dinner, I wanted to make something Irish-related but not corned beef and cabbage. Then it hit me, lamb stew! Without getting into specifics, Sonya and I had a VERY positive experience with lamb stew when we were in Dublin. I gotta be honest, mine turned out perfect! So yummy! We had it with some Irish soda bread and root beer. Paul wore green that day but I pinched him anyway. :)

2 comments:

sonya d said...

DENIED!

Jaimi said...

HAHAHA!!! I LOVE the green bagel story! I feel your humor and slight frustration. :)