Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins

A couple of weeks ago, Paul's niece Charlotte stayed overnight with us. She is 3 years old so we wanted to make sure she was having too much fun to notice her boring parents weren't around. Friday night we went to the seventh level of you-know-where, aka Chuck E. Cheese. We met our friends there who also have a little girl and ate crappy pizza and played games. I had never been there before and brought a coupon entitling us to a package deal of pizza, drinks and 80 tokens. I had no idea that each game was only one token. Do you know how long it takes two 3-year-olds to play 80 games? I was swiping tokens left and right and just pouring them into random machines. The thing is, the kids had an awesome time (even Leah loved it). Paul didn't mind one bit so I know what he and Leah will be doing in the future when Mommy is at the Rack.

The next day we went to the Kelsey Creek Farm Fair. Charlotte did the scarecrow maze, and we all went on a hayride and picked out pumpkins. They had all kinds of bouncy toys and animals and of course, kettle corn. We all had a good time and luckily it was not too rainy.

Charlotte seemed to enjoy the whole trip and we had fun hosting her. She was so easy-going about everything, I'm just going to pretend that's what all three-year-olds are like! We got Leah a pumpking but all she wants to do is lick it.

4 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Leah is getting so big! I can't believe it!

Danny and Jaimi Weller said...

Charlotte loved her visit but still thinks you guys are boring! LOL

Who We Are... said...

hi. our blog is going private but I still have esther under the engstrom last name e-mail address so I used the mass e-mail you sent to make sure family have access with their current e-mail addresses. Cute pics by the way. We love the pumpkin patch.

sonya d said...

How I love the obligatory fall pumpkin pictures! so cute.

I agree that Chuck E Cheese is a nightmare, and I have never even been. Chuck E Cheese and Alvin and the Chipmunks movies exist to make me happy to be childless.