Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seattle Cup 2008

Tuesday night was Paul's "championship" soccer game. I use that term pretty loosely because it's a co-ed rec league that never practices. Also, they alternate between red and white shirts and by that I mean, everyone just brings two old t-shirts from teh back of their clost to every game - one that is mostly white and one that is mostly red. For instance, Paul's team was white on Tuesday so he wore a tee shirt with a huge blue Mariners logo and writing on the back. Perfect. The reason I was even there was that last "season" Paul's team pretty much lost every game so when he would ask me if I was going to come watch I would say, "I'll come watch if you make it to the championship." Anyway, Paul's team got better so there I was. First of all, it was FREEZING out there and I had on many layers including my snowboarding jacket. Second of all, no one scored! That's right, the game was a tie at 0-0. Oh well, it was pretty entertaining anyway because the other team had some loudmouth jerks that kept making Paul and team so mad. The #1 jerk is pictured with Paul above. Who needs Euro 2008?

5 comments:

Cindi B. said...

I had a really great comment, but then I remembered that I might get censored... oh well. Maybe next time.

bev said...

classic esther pic! i love it!
f.y.i. "the drowsy chaperone" will be at the capitol theater here in utah june 25-29, if you'd like to see it again. it's off broadway, so i don't think bob saget will be in it!

sonya d said...

I wish I was that cold right now. I'm melting!

kelsey said...

Paul should have kicked him. Or challenged him to ping pong. Also, I tagged you. And you should do it.

Meagan said...

look at you supporting yo man.

proud of you E