Monday, March 2, 2009

Cupcakes At Home and Abroad

It's been a while since I posted any new cupcake reviews but I am happy to say that I have two new ones to report. One is actually by my International Cupcake Correspondent, Dusty Cornwell. He was in Australia on vacation and checked out a place there called Sparkle cupcakes. Apparently cupcakes are a big deal there too! Sparkle was very fancy and even served champagne with the cupcakes. Dusty reported that the cupcakes were "pretty standard" in terms of their taste but that the shop had some cool decor to create the "ultramodern" cupcake experience. I believe this is my first international review so I'm pretty excited about that - thanks Dusty!!

Last week I found out that the woman who made my wedding cake (Sweet Lorraine Cakes) is expanding into the world of cupcakes. I really could not be happier about this. For those of you who tasted my wedding cake, you probably feel the same way. She had a little party at her house and I was able to sample a few of the flavors - Lemon, Mango-Lime, and Chocolate Coma. They were, DELICIOUS. I was most skeptical about Mango-Lime because that sounded like an odd flavor for a cupcake but it was sensational. All the cakes were moist and dense which is how I like them and the frosting was sweet and creamy. I brought some home for Paul and he practically had a stroke over the Mango-Lime one too. I guess that I will be ordering cupcakes instead of cake next time!

3 comments:

sonya d said...

Wow, I can't wait to try those cupcakes. I still dream of your wedding cake!

Anonymous said...

why didn't you bring me by one? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Hey Esther! Thanks for the awesome review! Check out my new logo on my blog - soon to morph into a real website.