Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twin Falls

Paul had President's Day off work and I was feeling ambitious so we hiked up to Twin Falls. It was another beautiful, sunny day so I felt like we should get outside. So we drove up to the trailhead, bundled Leah up, and strapped her to the front of Paul. In our hiking book the hike was labeled "Easy to Moderate" but I don't think that was accurate. I would probably label it "Moderate to What-was-I-thinking." There was definitely more elevation gain than I remember, but that was probably good for my jelly belly. Throughout the hike, I was concerned about whether or not Leah was warm enough even though I had bundled her up in many layers and a hooded, furry suit. She was quiet the entire time except if Paul stopped moving - she's a girl on the go, I guess. When we got back to the car, Paul took her out and handed her to me. Needless to say I was no longer concerned about whether she had been cold. Apparently being smashed up next to a portable heat machine (aka Paul) is a pretty effective weather protection method. I'll remember that for our next hike (in a few years).

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

cute family!

looks like it was a beautiful day!

kelsey said...

you make me sick!s