Friday, July 2, 2010

Mother's Day

This year Mother's Day left a little something to be desired. I will not get into all the details but SOME of what the day included was: a family fight in the church parking lot, a huge diaper blowout at church for Leah and no wipes in the diaper bag, Leah screaming for over an hour at nap time (what the weller??), my Mom tripping and spilling a tray of chocolate chip cookies all over the parking lot, me spilling Leah's cup of apple juice all over the kitchen, and on and on. So my Mother's Day was less about relaxing and more of a reminder of what being a mother truly involves. The day was salvaged at the end when Paul and Eric made dinner for my Mom, Paul's mom, and me. It was delicious!!! Paul also showed how much he likes me by buying me a beautiful necklace. He then showed how much he loves me by letting me return it and buy the huge turquoise stone I had been eyeing. Good man. Here's a pic of Leah and me on the fateful day.

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Ya, Ryan's gifts to me usually means I need to "direct" him to the thing I want...aka...me picking it out. Leah is getting more and more beautiful! She is turning into a little girl and not so much a baby! I love it...I bet she is fun to chase around...Thank goodness you have your mom to help!! I got the baby announcement! It's gorgeous and he is soooo handsome!

Black Family said...

Um...i so love you! you tell it like it is and we all totally RELATE! to a T! love it!