Tuesday, November 22, 2011

House of Spooks

Halloween was fun this year because Leah was old enough to really understand what was going on and to get excited about it.  Dora is big in our house lately so I figured she and Andrew could dress up as Dora and Boots.  Then Dora herself threw a big wrench in my plans.  In Dora's Halloween episode she dresses up like a kitty cat.

Leah: Can I have a costume?
Me: Yes!  You can dress up like Dora.
Leah: I can be a kitty cat!!
Me: No, you will look juuust like Dora.
Leah: Yay, I a kitty cat!!
Me: No, you are going to dress like Dora.
Leah: Meow, meow.


I was starting to get frustrated and then the whole thing became a moot point.

Leah: I want a costume.  I want to be a shelf.
Me: .........???  uh, a shelf?
Leah: I HAVE to be a shelf.  I HAVE TO HAVE A SHELF COSTUME!!
Me: Ok, ok.  What does a shelf costume have?  (what??)
Leah: I have to have a white hat and glub (glove).
Me: Okaaay.....????
Leah: I HAVE to have a white apron!!
Me: OH! A chef costume.
Leah: Yes, I a shelf.



It turns out she is a genius because she looked so cute and was the only chef around.  Everyone loved the originality.  We went trick-or-treating at the mall and the people in all the kitchen stores like Williams-Sonoma went crazy for her and gave her like 8 pieces of candy.

Speaking of candy, she needs to work on her candy selection skills.  She chooses the worst ones.  We ended up with a pumpkin full of bit-o-honey, the pink tootsie rolls, and the orange marshmallow shaped like a peanut.  No good.

Andrew was, as usual, totally up for whatever.  He happily let me dress him in the cutest puppy dog costume and then sat contently as I shoved 239874234 pieces of chocolate in his mouth.  Loved it.


I can't wait to see what they ask to dress up as next year.

4 comments:

Cindi B. said...

love this! I love her costume, both of them, although I didn't see a tail on the dora/cat costume... I hope your thanksgiving is just as full of memories!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

So stinking cute!!! I want to be a shelf! sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet! Love their costumes.

Dliche said...

The costumes. .they're so cuute ;)