Thursday, November 17, 2011

IHOJ

Quick follow-up to the RV post.  We took that same trip to Winthrop two years ago.  On the way there, we stopped at "Jerky/Taffy Land" which I call the "International House of Jerky."  See picture in previous post.  For old times' sake, we stopped there again.  Apparently the joint burned to the ground in the interim and was rebuilt as fancy as a place specializing in jerky and taffy can possibly be.  I got a picture with Paul and the kids in front of their spiffy new sign.  Yes, we bought some jerky and taffy.  No, it was not that good.  The setting is the coolest thing about this place - so beautiful.   In fact, I was cleaning out our cupboards a minute ago and found the taffy and threw it away which is what reminded me of this and prompted me to post.  Mainly I just think it is weird (maybe even a little cool) that we keep going back there.  Also, I think it's super fun to see how different Leah looks.

No comments: