Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My New Job

I have one more follow-up to my previous post about quitting my job.  Lots of people have asked me if I think my "new job" is easier or harder than my last job.  This is a very loaded question.  I can say unequivocally that I am MUCH happier and I love it a lot more.  But is it harder?  Definitely.  Being a stay-at-home-mom is way more physically and emotionally demanding than any job I had in my career at Microsoft.

For example, NONE of the following things ever happened to me when I worked at Microsoft:
  • A co-worker pooping their pants and then expecting me to wipe it clean
  • Someone in the cafeteria throwing part of their lunch at my hair
  • Me showing my boss a report and, because he liked it, making me read the report to him 2983742346 more times
  • Someone banging on the stall door and yelling the entire time I am going to the bathroom
  • My colleague taking off her shoes and socks and running the other direction 15 seconds before we are about to leave for a meeting
  • A team member walking up to me when I am working on my computer and banging their palm down on the keyboard and then busting up laughing
  • Someone going from bosisterous laughter to hysterical screaming/crying and then back to boisterous laughter in a matter of about 9 seconds
  • A manager throwing herself on the floor and screaming because I handed her a blue pen instead of a red pen
I'm just saying, none of these things happened to me in all my 12 years at Microsoft yet ALL of them happened to me yesterday, probably within a couple hours. It's a nuthouse around here for sure. But I still love it! My new "co-workers" are way more fun and hilarious than my old ones, and let's be honest, much better looking! How can I not want to spend the day with these little faces:

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I looooooved this. But so true. How do kids switch the crying/laughing button on and off so quickly??? Drives me crazy. Brinley surprises me everyday and I swear I am more tired now than I ever was when she was a newborn.

Margaret said...

So funny, you make me laugh!