Friday, April 4, 2008

Hangin' Tough

Guess who:
1) Is getting back together?
2) Has aged pretty darn well?

That's right, my boys NKOTB are back. The New Kids were my first foray into stalking celebrities and even though I was only in fifth grade, I think I did a pretty good job. I trained my Dad to always buy at least one magazine with them on the cover every time he went to the grocery store. I trained my Mom to buy any t-shirt, pillowcase, poster, etc... that featured them. And I was 93% sure that I was going to marry Joey McIntyre. So I guess that didn't happen but there's always my second marriage! (Just kidding, honey!) To this day, I'm still convinced he was singing to me when he sang "Please don't go girl." Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this reunion. To be honest, I'm embarrassingly excited about it. Like 9-year-old-who-just-got-front-row-tickets-to-Hannah-Montana excited. But WHY did I get this news the same day that The Office goes back on the air? I only have so much room for unhealthy obsessions in my life!!

2 comments:

sonya d said...

I, too, am excited about this reunion. Although I didn't follow them much back in the day, I am really into them now that I am going through my second adolescence!

Who Knew . . . said...

If it weren't for the down pour we experience on Friday morning I was planning on going to see them on the Today Show on my way to work. They will be performing on the Today Show May 16th and you better believe rain or shine I will be there!