Friday, March 27, 2009

Pro Bowlers Tour Candidate

On Friday Paul and I went bowling with Leah. We were excited to discover another activity that is loud and chaotic enough to both entertain Leah and drown out any complaining she might do. I am a terrible bowler (as Double-A can tell you from his birthday party) but I still think it's fun. Well, apparently motherhood is great for your bowling skills while fatherhood squashes them completely. I skooled Paul 137-79! I even got a strike while bowling with my right hand and holding Leah with my left. Paul blames it on his bowling ball which weighed about 46 pounds and had finger holes the size of a straw (it was a busy night and slim pickins on balls). I think he was just intimidated by my sick moves on the lane. Who can blame him? It came out of nowhere. I told him that now I want my own ball and leather bag. His corresponding eye roll was impressive. Pro Bowlers Tour here I come!

2 comments:

kelsey said...

I should try bowling now. Maybe I'd be better too?

Hal said...

This commentary begs the question: What were you doing/thinking bowling with Leah in your left arm to begin with?