Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Truth Tuesday - The Car

I have a friend who does a blog post every Tuesday she calls "Truth Tuesday" where she reveals something about herself or her family. I love it. My favorite blogs and posts are the ones that talk about and reveal the realities of family life! I'm sorry but we are not all happily sitting around in sparkling clean houses with perfectly behaved children while listening to Conference talks. Or at least I'm not so I like it when I get glimpses into other people's realities - it's comforting and fun! So I think I might adopt Truth Tuesday. At least, I'll start with today. I am going to admit something very embarrassing today. I hope you are ready for it.

After three years as a one-car family, I got a new (to me) car. Many of you remember my last ride, the blue pony. I had some fun times in that car and it definitely fit my lifestyle and outlook on life. Ditto for the car that I just got, a Kia Rondo:

Here's the embarrasing part: I actually love it! It's so roomy and has tons of storage space. It even has an optional third row of seats that pop up so it can seat up to 7 people! It has great gas mileage and is still small (same length as a Prius!) so I can fit into city street parking spots or compact spots in the garage. We got a great deal on it from a guy in my building who was relocating to Europe.

Flashy sports coupe to compact minivan. If that doesn't describe the last three years of my life, I don't know what does.

3 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

THIS MAKES ME SOOOO HAPPY!!!

That car is adorable. Ryan hates anything NOT subaru (we have a legacy) so I'm trying my BEST to convince him that kias and hyundai's are okay too! (as for the SUV on the cheaper range goes!!!)

How's crossfit????????

Black Family said...

That is your truth tuesday....well that sounds more like a terrific tuesday....lucky! we are still a one car fam and well I am a little jealous....waiting for the real truth....lol!

onehm said...

WAY TO GO! I am a BIG fan of roomy vehicles. Unfortunately, for me (the mama with 5! kids) that means a suburban...not so zippy, and definitely does NOT get good gas mileage. :) Still makes me happy to have room for my kids to not sit directly next to each other if I really wanted.